Monday, October 1, 2018

Find Your Square




I give up.
Perfection is overrated.
I am not perfect and have finally given up on striving for perfection.  Maybe this has something to do with now being a solid year ahead of my forties and having a new perspective on the importance of certain things in my life, I don’t know.  I do know that I have always been a Type A personality. No matter what I was working on albeit myself, career, raising three boys, etc. I was striving for perfection. 
I’ve never been competitive with others but have always been trying to ‘one- up’ myself.  That alone can become exhausting and the stress of achieving that level of perfection can really do a number on you and wear you down. 
I am always advising others to bolt out of toxic relationships with their partners, but why not follow my own advice and get out of the toxicity with myself?!
So, starting today, I have made the commitment to myself to do just that.  I have ‘given up’.  I’ve risen the white flag and the towel has been thrown in the ring. 
I have realized that perfection is the enemy and that “close enough” is more than ok and in a lot of aspects much healthier and even more fun!  We are constantly evolving and that’s completely how it is supposed to be right?  Once I let the idea of perfection go, I also felt the burden of being enough go as well.  It is a much less stressful space to be in.
When you strive for perfection you remain in your comfort zone.  You worry about what others will think.  Do you look ok? Was your presentation ok? Did you meet their expectations?
Were you enough?  
Probably not.  And that’s ok because it’s actually a better spot to be in.  It leaves room for dialogue, conversation and opportunity for so much more growth.  It helps you evolve into the best version of yourself which is wonderfully flawed and imperfect.
Know this.  You deserve a place in their circle and if you are misjudged, you go and find a new circle—or even better find your square. Our lives and strife’s are ours and ours alone to define.  We need to let go of what we are working against and stick to our true north.  We need to stop letting someone else dictate if we are too much or too little of something to suit them. Instead focus on what suits you.
Each one of us is evolving and each one of us is SO worth it. 
Speaking of evolving, you may notice that I have a new logo. I feel this represents the evolution of me and my practice.  For me the crescent moon in it’s first phase represents that there are so many stages of growth we navigate through in our lives, if you need me, I will help guide you through them. The lines shooting from the moon signify that your potential is unharnessed, and the sky is the limit.  Overall, I understand it represents a crown, and believe that if we all practice a little more self-love and ‘selfishness’ that we will truly be crowned with the blessings we deserve and owning each and every one of them. And yes, for those of you that have been with me from the beginning, the logo also has an overall celestial vibe to represent my intuitive insight…and a few new things I will be adding to my services soon! Stay tuned.


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I like it when individuals come together and share ideas.
    Great blog, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice article, just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niⅽe post. I was checking соntinuously thіs blog andd I am impressed!
    Very uѕefdul info specially the last section :)
    I mаintain such information a lot. I was looking for thiѕ certain info for a very lengthy time.
    Thank you and best of luϲk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for finally talking about >"Find Your Square" <Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola! I've been reading your web site for a long time now
    and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a
    shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to mention keep
    up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unquestionably imagine that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be at the net the easiest thing
    to keep in mind of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed
    while folks think about worries that they plainly do not realize about.

    You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also outlined out
    the entire thing without having side effect , folks could take a signal.
    Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great
    author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later in life.

    I want to encourage continue your great writing, have a nice afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate your feedback

~Gina
www.ginaclapprood.com

Blog Design Created by pipdig