Wednesday, October 16, 2019

:: Yours Truly, Unplugged ::


I started to look up ways to completely unplug from it all when on vacation. I found a bunch of articles that explain how to unplug from work and truly leave the digital world behind while away and realized that for the first time in my life, I have a unique opportunity.

I can truly, wholeheartedly, unplug. I am in a situation where unfortunately, I am not working. That is stressful enough but if I spin it to the positive, I have a chance at something I have never had before. I am not carrying the stress of getting everything on a task list done before I embark on my tropical journey. I have no one to delegate to. I will not have the Monday blues and apprehension about going back to work. I also won't experience the stress usually associated with what would be waiting for me upon my return. None of it. This is a strange and exhilarating feeling.

Now believe me, I could be in complete panic mode because...well, did I mention the fact that I don’t have a J.O.B? The fear of the unknown will be undoubtedly waiting for me, reminding me of that when I return. But sometimes in life, we are faced with the choice to shut down and agonize over something, or be open and trust the process. I for one, have been trying really hard to continue to trust the process. As a result, I am truly looking forward to embracing my current status and allowing my brain to power down and shut off all the noise usually associated with the nine to five. 

This vacation I plan to be present. Spend quality time with my family. Relax. Refresh. Have fun. Even wing it when it comes to exploring. And while I will certainly be taking photos to capture our memories, my hope is to find the balance between enjoying those picture perfect moments, capturing most of them on camera, while accepting that not every moment is to be shared on the ‘Gram.

So with that, I am looking forward to truly being on vacation...unplugged. Powering down and allowing myself to just be free of any hustle. I'm learning that we sometimes have to give in to the struggles that cross our path, that completely knock us off course, and trust that we are a step closer to the comeback of an even better tomorrow.

Until then...there’s an umbrella drink with my name on it.
SHARE:

1 comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate your feedback

~Gina
www.ginaclapprood.com

Blog Design Created by pipdig